Frazier Park, 2018

Frazier Park is about 45 minutes north of Santa Clarita or 45 minutes south of Bakersfield, depending on how you look at it. It's a small mountainous area in Southern California off of the 5 freeway. I grew up "going to the snow" here (because that's what you do in California, you GO TO the snow.)  I have many great memories of warm Cup of Noodle soup and big yellow waterproof mittens.  Here are some recent photos I took of this beautiful part of Southern California:


I love the desolation and loneliness in this photo and how the snow leads your eye to what appears to be a lake, but what is actually more snow.  And then of course there is that amazing "baby cloud" way in the back, the one that will pop up again in the last photo here.



 You can almost feel the pine needles, right?




 This photo was taken in color but I edited it to black and white and just fell in love with it. Reminds me of a stop along an old railroad line. And speaking of lines--I really like how the black and white version brings out the lines on the hills and along the road way. There is so much texture in this tonality.


There's that "baby cloud"--isn't she cute? I love how she is perched over the trees in front of her bigger friends which are all lined up behind her in nice, neat rows.

Please feel free to leave comments and thanks for stopping by. More photos to come soon, so stop by again or sign up to receive new postings!
-Hope A. Horner, All photos copyrighted 2018. No use without permission.

Comments